Manatee Madness Ballroom Dance Festival
1) Amateur Definition (for the purposes of the Student/Student at this event): A person who engages in dancesport as a pass-time rather than a profession. A person who does not receive compensation for training or coaching of another.
2) Syllabus material used should be based on the NDCA syllabus, Fred Astaire, Arthur Murray, or their equivalent for the American Step List. International Style is restricted to ISTD syllabus.
3) NO CONTINUITY STYLING WILL BE ALLOWED IN CLOSED BRONZE AMERICAN SMOOTH DIVISION. Any infraction ruling shall be at the discretion of the invigilator.
4) IMPORTANT Please refer to the DRESS CODE page for our unique dress code information.
5) Students may enter their true age category and the one age division younger.
6) Students may dance in their own proficiency level and the next one above them. (i.e., Bronze & Silver or Silver & Gold, Etc.)
7) ALL those entering the Social Dance events are to be SOCIAL DANCERS ONLY and not those who have competed in any recognised competitions.
8) The decision of the judges shall be final. The Chairman of Judges shall be responsible for decisions concerning ties or any problems arising over marks. The skating system of judging shall be used.
9) Uncontested events WILL NOT be an automatic first placement. All placements are awarded at the discretion of the judges.
10) For every scholarship a student enters, she/he must dance the same dances in the single dance events. Scholarships are unisex and may have different age categories than their regular events. Scholarship events must have a minimum of 3 participants in order to pay prize money.
11) Dancers are required to be in the On Deck area two heats prior to their scheduled heat. Any competitor not on the floor when the Master of Ceremonies call is subject to disqualification for that heat. Please be advised that changes may be made from the original program and all dancers should be in the ballroom at least 30 minutes prior to the time they are scheduled to dance.
12) THE ORGANIZERS RESERVE THE RIGHTS TO MERGE OR CANCEL ANY CATAGORIES AS MAY BE NECESSARY.
13) Seating preferences will be based on package and receipt of entries and payment. Spectator seating, placed with competitor seating will be based on when the paid order is received. Please note this will be done on a first-come, first-served basis.
14) NO VIDEO CAMERAS will be permitted in the ballroom. A professional video company will be available to video tape you while on the floor. Please contact them prior to your heats.
15) All attendees have, by his/her presence, irrevocably give and grant to the organizers of the Manatee Madness Ballroom Dance Festival, their concent to use their appearance and utterances in connection with any and all materials, videos, photographs for future use as the deem appropriate for promotional purposes.
16) Entry, Package, Vendor and Advertisement Deadline is August 15, 2011. Release signatures are required on ALL entry forms.
17) All payments received after the deadline must be by Cashier's Check or Money Order. Personal or studio checks WILL NOT be accepted. Balance must be paid in full 2 weeks prior to the competition.
18) Late entries may be accepted at the discression of the organizers and are subject to a late fee of $40.00 per person. ALL payments received after the deadline must be in the form of Cashier Check, Money Order or Cash on the day of the competition ONLY. Personal and studio checks WILL NOT be accepted.
19) Cancellations will ONLY be accepted in writing. The deadline for cancellation refunds is two weeks prior to the event. Any cancellations made up to the deadline date may incur a $40.00 processing fee. Cancellations after the deadline may be charged a $50.00 cancellation fee.
20) ANY RETURNED CHECK will incur a $45 bank fee charge.
21) ALL REFUNDS will be made 30 days following the event, by mail and will be subject to a cancellation fee.
22) NO REFUNDS will be made for general admission tickets. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
23) Acts of God, war, strikes, government regulations and intervention, natural disasters, civil unrest, labor disputes, transportation availabilities, shortage of materials or any other emergency situation, making it inadvisable or impossible to provide a facility and/or service associated with the production of this ballroom dance event does not pose a situation for refund. All funds will be credited towards a reschedualed event.
24) SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED IN ANY FUNCTION AREA OR ANY AREA OF THE HOTEL NOT DESIGNATED AS A SMOKING AREA. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS.
25) The Organizers or Hotel shall NOT be held responsible for the loss or theft of articles left in Changing Rooms, Ballrooms, Hotel Rooms or other areas of the grounds.
26) The Organizers or Hotel shall NOT be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending this event. Everyone attending does so at his or her own risk.